Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding Electrical To garage
I have a small 1.5 car detatched garage. I want to get some power into it via and underground line from my house. I will hire an electrician to do this work. I have a concern about this work that...
12 years ago 6

recommendations for good flat roof sealcoat?
i have a flat roof with a torch-down rolled asphalt surface. it's been installed for 5+ years and i use that fibered aluminum silver stuff you find at home depot and lowes to periodically coat it....
12 years ago

IDP Interns and Architects - One Day Event
ARE YOU BLIND? How about in a wheelchair? Arthritic? Then how can you really know how to design a building for ALL people? RAMP UP! In one day experience your profession in a new way and transform...
12 years ago 1

Avoiding "Gap" Between 2 Windows
Converting garage into family room. I want to have a set of double windows installed. I thought I could go out and buy two regular windows and have them installed side-by-side. Now I am worried. I...
12 years ago 8

New Design for Gibraltar bridge
Hi, all, Are there anybody who is still interested in Gibraltar bridge? Recently it was said that a tunnel is being planned: actually have a creative idea to build an economical and feasible bridge...
12 years ago 17

Sink Hole Near Deep Well
A sinkhole, now about 2 feet deep and approx. 4 feet wide by 5 feet long, has formed within 5 feet from my deep well equipped with a submersible pump over 100 feet down. My water supply has not been...
12 years ago 3

Construction Demand and Supply
i want to find out like after a long recession, the construction industry is now undergoing robust growth, with high demand for built products why must prices of built products be reined in? and how...
12 years ago

Construction Demand and Supply
i want to find out like after a long recession, the construction industry is now undergoing robust growth, with high demand for built products why must prices of built products be reined in? and how...
12 years ago 14

WalMart ColorPlace Patio Paint?
Hi I need to repaint my patio, it is concrete, it sees alot of foot traffic. I was going to use the Kelly Moore 1350 patio paint, then I saw the ColorPlace paint at Walmart. They also make a patio...
12 years ago 10

Problem Customer
------------------------------------- I have a customer that just filed a claim against my bond. It is a small job (total contract $3k) This is the first time I've had this happen, as anyone...
12 years ago 5

Cost of metal roofing
I'm getting bids for a new stone-coated steel roof, and I'm shocked at the prices I've been quoted. Both the bids I've gotten are around $15000 for a one-story house of about 1400...
12 years ago 8

finding contractors
We've finally gotten an offer accepted in SD. So now that we're in the process of getting the home, when we settle, we're going to want to make it our own. We are completely new to San...
12 years ago 3

Dwyer Green Building
I want to introduce a new company called Dwyer Green Builders. He has been an alternative builder for many years now. His latest product we think is going to revolutionize the way people build Green....
12 years ago 3

Isulation On Top of Old Flat Roof
I have a home built in 1970. It has a flat roof. In the1980s, a pitched roof was added to the top of the existing flat roof. Now when you walk in the attic, you walk on top of the roof. I would like...
12 years ago 2

new digital planroom - share plans safely online
Hi. If I am out of line porting this here, please let me know as I am new to this. My company is rolling out a "digital planroom" - a construction document management system that can be easily used on...
12 years ago 2