Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Home security systems
I am in the process of building my new home; an ICF structure that has caught the attention of many of my slab and walls are done and the framers are at work on the interior walls. I have gotten some...
3
3

Costs of goods sold vesus expenses
If there is a better group for this question, let me know. I'm doing some QuickBooks work for a friend in construction. He holds no real inventory. The default construction company chart of accounts...
1
1

How to Make Your Home Safe
A fence will keep out unwanted visitors and animals while keeping your children and pets safe in your yard. An aluminum fence is the ideal purchase for this scenario because it is visually appealing,...

Air Compressor Oil
X-post to A.H.R and A.B.C. I bought a new air compressor and received it today from HF. It's a Central Pneumatic 2 HP, 8 gallon, 115 psi. It replaces a CH compressor that went belly up. My main use...
23
23

Sizes of PT Timbers ?
I know that they make 6 x 6 pressure treated timbers, like you normally see at the big box stores. Does anyone know if they make 8 x 8 , or 6 x 8 of the same pt timbers ?? Thanks !! james
2
2

ISO standards describing shipping containers?
Does anyone happen to know what ISO standards cover the specifications of ISO shipping containers? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel
1
1

stucco
I have to patch parts of the exterior stucco where I put in new windows. I have never done stucco before, but I figure it can't be all that different from everything else I do with trowels. Given that...

polyurethane question
This question is about half home repair and half construction materials, so I've x-posted where I think appropriate. 'm trying to integrate visual media into what I do as a handyman. I find the advice...
7
7

Vegetable Garden Programs for Participating Vegetable Growers
I have always wanted to participate in growing fruits and vegetables. I believe by doing so I am already promoting environmentalism, which really starts at home. Then, the whole community can follow...

Biomass as energy source?
Does anyone has any experience implementing and/or running systems which generate energy from biomass? If so, what has your experience been? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel

Trailerable housing
This looks a fair bit better than the typical container-house solutions. could buy a lot as a vacation home, and take the vacation home home with you when you left! R
13
13

PPG "paint color code" for siding?
Having my house resided with CraneBoard siding, "Mocha" color, and want to paint a backyard garden shed same color. Anyone know how to find the paint color code to match this? --- news:// -...
1
1

Safe to drill through stone?
I have a client, who is renovating his house, so as to move in from a rental, and wants some electric jobs (I am an electrician). One of them, is changing the main feed from the electricity meter to...
7
7

Garage Mezzanine 2x8 vs 2x10 over 12'
Hi I want to build a mezzanine in my garage and I the span is 12 feet wide by 10 feet long and I would like to know what would be better to put 2x8 or 2x10 at every 16 or 12 inch apart. I'm asking...
3
3

concrete and rebar
Hello newsgroups, Only recently have I used usenet to help me with my handymanning projects, and I have found it tremendously helpful. Is this something you can see? it's a gate with a concrete pad. I...
11
11