Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Concrete dome builders in Europe
I am searching for concrete dome builders in Europe but unfortunately Internet in not much of help, I can just find American companies. I know one of the companies (PIRS SA), I'll be glad if...

Is a landing required outside the door on a screened porch?
I am building a screen porch. It is approx 10-11' above grade and will have stairs down to grade. Is a landing required by the IRC outside the screen door? It will swing into the porch. Thanks,...
18
18

Main Power Panel about face
I would like some idea of the difficulties a licensed electrician would face for this project. Existing main panel is mounted in wood stud wall. I would like it turned 360=BA to open to a different...
12
12

The center is not holding
. FWD from Note: the summary is in the public domain and obviously intended to encourage readers to read and then subscribe to the sits full content. STORY SUMMARY (for complete story see end of this...
6
6

Gutter Drain
I am getting ready to trench in some solid 4" tile for gutter drains, How deep should I go with this tile? Central Ohio.
21
21

Cutting reinforced concrete posts
I need to cut reinforced concrete posts (about 3 inches square) in my garden. How easy is this with a grinder? How many discs am I likely to need per post (I realise I'll need different discs for...
6
6

Brick Column project - What do you think
Awhile back I posted my COLUMN 1 on this forum and got everyones opinion on if it was a keeper or not. Most all liked it, however, I see it's flaws and am still thinking of taking it down and...

Hurricane Windows - my story - what would you do?
July 11, 2006 - 9 months after Hurricane Wilma My experience with installation of PGT Impact hurricane windows sold by Global Industries, Pompano Beach FL We live in a lower floor in a small condo on...
12
12

electric rebar cutter benders
I'm looking at portable electric rebar cutters for jobsite use. most i would ever cut would be #5 grade 60. i have an old hub cutter that just SUCKS. I've never used an electric cutter but...
12
12

Custom-made Fiber Bragg Grating
Custom-made Fiber Bragg Grating ------- Apodized FBG, FBG Array, Long Period Grating, F-P Grating, and DFB Grating TRICOM is professionally engaged in design, development, production and sales of...

ornamental fence
what is the best method for anchoring ornamental fence to concrete slab? thanks
6
6

Building stud partition onto tile floor with under floor heating
Hi all I've got to build 2 walls, one around 4' high around some kitchen units, around 2m long, extending out from a concrete wall. The new wall will have appliances along, apart from a low...
3
3

Water well treatment question
We just moved into a home in the country that has a water well. The water has enough sulphur in it to be offensive. The well man installed a chlorination system that eliminates most(but not all of the...
30
30

Mister spray on AC condenser coils OK?
My neighbor showed me where he has installed a mister system with 5 mister sprays to mist the AC condenser coils. He says it improves the heat transfer and lets the AC work more efficiently. Since our...
15
15

Rear venting Bosch 125 tankless water heater (vent height requirement)
Hi-- I d like to to install a Bosch 125HX on an outside wall, and vent through that wall. But my initial vertical height plus 45=B0 leg back through the wall (which counts as vertical) don't quite...
36
36