Switch-receptacle-fixture?

Hi everyone. Wanted to know. Is there a way to wire, in order, Lightswitch--then receptacle-then Light Fixture-? We cannot open any walls or do any pulling of new wire, etc. It has

12-2 currently and the wife (who else) would like to change from SW-Light-Light to SW - Receptacle-Light.

Can It be done? I dont thinkso off hand

Perhaps I should try... SW-- new wife--new wife's sis-?

Any help appreciated Grr

Reply to
AustinScoobee

Depends on how the wire runs were made. If wire from the panel was run to the first fixture box then a wire run to the switch it may be possible to give you the SW-Receptacle-Light scenario.

You will have to turn off the switch, open the both fixture boxes, then test for the presence of power in either of the boxes. If you have power from the panel with the light switch off then you can wire a receptacle at the box that has power.

On the other hand, if the power goes to the switch first, then the fixtures I cannot think of a way to get to SW-Receptacle-Fixture without fishing new wire.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Switch - Receptacle - Clapper - Light

-- Dennis

Reply to
DT

Thanks guys, Telling my wife something is impractical and potentially dangerous, is itself impractical and dangerous! Thanks again G

DT wrote:

Reply to
AustinScoobee