Spray foam insulation sprayed over vapour barrier and pink insulation

My basement was insulated and vapour barriered by my builder . Now I want to finish my basement . I have but the Dryco flooring down and now I want to 2x4 the walls . I want to spray foam but do I need take down the pink insulation and vapour or can I just spray over it all ? Any answers will help

Reply to
Murray

Why do you suspect there would be a problem with spraying foam on the plastic vapor barrier? That *is* the surface you intend to spray on, correct? And if the basement is already insulated, why are you adding more? Is the existing insulation inadequate?

In general, when you add some kind of insulation, you do not need to remove old insulation.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev