Solar panels

Greedy?

How about the sh&tb&gs that want to keep out oil exploration to satisfy THIER whims, making areas like the continental shelf and ANWR THEIR property?

That's GREEDY.

Yes, you'rea good little boy.

Sheez!

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Yes it it is. Reducing oil dependence would reduce the greed and the need.

Sheeze

Just because I have a different opinion than you, you shouldn't wish death upon me or anyone. Such hate. why?

It would be better than doing nothing. I am sick of money being wasted on the fruitless war in Iraq. Bush has no clue on how to win that war. So the money is being wasted there. #1 they need to secure the borders. After that you have much more control. If you don't do that you will never see a victory there.

Dry up, sap sucker.

{PLONK}

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Reply to
benick

Jimmy Carter did more for energy conversation than anyone since. You're lacking an historical perspective.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Thanks fer nuthin', Jimmy!

Historical? As in "...living like a primitive"?

Clue Time!

Reply to
Matt Barrow

Right back at ya

PLONK

you offer nothing to this group so....

plonk

Well there's no question that we're running out of oil (in about 45 years.) Problem is, most of the alternatives are either too expensive or not sufficient to provide enough energy for the future. At the current time, we really have little choice but to develop nuclear energy to prevent near future shortages. (Wouldn't it be nice if we could just add some wind generators or solar farms and get all the energy we need)? Currently moving to alternative fuel cars will lessen the impact of increasing oil prices, but it's only a mid-term solution; not sufficient by itself.

So, how come you haven't installed fluorescent lighting in place of incandescent?

Reply to
Dennis

Well, yes, if you assume that exploratory & drilling technology stagnates during that term.

Agreed, and there's not much that technology can add to that.

The biggest shortcoming there is political shrillness.

Yeah...and it would be nice, too, if Santa Claus were real.

Alternative fuel cars are still going to be petro based derivitives. Electric cars powered by nuclear or something like the fuel cell using nuclear to crack hydrogen are solutions I think we'll see in the near future.

LED lighting is making great inroads. Also, know this about CFL light bulbs:

The CFL mercury nightmare

(Link may be dead, so try this one)

Or do a search for CFL on

Matt Barrow