Pls help re paint

We live in the SF Bay Area, California. We are thinking of painting the exterior of our home.The exterior is stucco. We are using Kelly Moore paint..

We have already painted the trim / siding in "low sheen" swiss coffee white.

What should the exterior paint on the stucco be flat or "low sheen" paint ?

Are there any advantages to "flat: or "low sheen" paint?

Also since we have already already painted the trim / siding in "low sheen", what is the best for the stucco as the combination with the trim ?

We are thinking of Navajo white for the stucco.

Pls let me know.

Thanks, Linda

Reply to
lindagoldstein100

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:4eb15ac0-4129-4677-a361- snipped-for-privacy@k1g2000prb.googlegroups.com:

I always tell my clients to use the shiniest paint they can stand.

Flat paint is less durable and holds dirt. On the other hand, it hides imperfections in the wall better than shiny paint. That's why so many builders use it.

Get a couple of sample cans of paint in different sheens and put them on the back of your house. Cover a good-sized area near what you've already painted. Pick the one you like. Don't forget to paint over the samples with the "real" paint you finally pick. The samples are only for looks.

Reply to
Steve

We are thinking of painting

They already have a "stucco paint"..sheen wasn't specified We used it on our home in Tucson AZ (1998). Worked fine. After 10 yrs baking in the desert sun, it does need a new coat of paint.

Our color was "Copper Dust" from Dunn Edwards color chart, which KM 're-created' for us

We got it for $ 52.00 /5 gal pail using the "name" of one of their commercial accounts..a substantial discount

Rudy