loft conversion

can someone help with this,I would like to make my loft a more useable space ie ,board it out, better insulation,lighting,ect....at what stage does this become a loft conversion reqireing planning,regs ect,ect .please help ........ David...

Reply to
digitall

For an extensive remodel, it requires planning etc BEFORE you drive a single nail or put in a single screw.

Generally, if you are going to make any structural revisions, then a permit is required. Every jurisdiction varies in its rules. Check with the local building or planning official.

Reply to
Bob Morrison

modeling ???????

Reply to
digitall

Am I the only one who doesn't know what a loft board is?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Well it ain't in the dictionary, but I'm thinking he means panelling.

Reply to
marson