HD's 3/4 T&G OSB for under $13

Anyone have an opinion on HD's 3/4 T&G OSB for under $13

Reply to
RD

Just be sure you understand the difference between full and scant. ===========

Reply to
DouginUtah

OSB prices have been shockingly low lately. If it's rated subflooring, it should be fine.

Reply to
marson

IT hink I used what you're talkinga bout

it's got the iLock system?

this osb comes with or without water sealer on the the product

i figure the water sealer is for when it rains before you can build the roof

it was fine for a sub floor

Tony

What is the difference, Doug?

Reply to
DT

Dennis,

It has to do with the width of the sheet. If your floor is 32' wide you had better use full if you want to do it with 8 sheets. If you use scant you will be ~4" short--scant meaning the tongue is counted in the width. At least I think that's how it works. Check the markings on the full bundle covering. Okay?

Reply to
DouginUtah

I just ran into that. Never heard of the terminology. We were able to hide the seam under the wall plate, though I imagine there are cases where it could bite you.

Reply to
marson