flitch beam installation

I have to install a flitch beam to accomodate a 16' span. The engineer called for it to sit on two 4x4's on each end. What type of hardware do I need to tie the beam to the 4x4? Is there some kind of boot or sleeve that I am supposed to use?

Thanks, Kevin

Reply to
kevinjweber

Depends on the situation, but a shoe is pretty common.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Have you checked Simpson Strong Tie web site? TB

Reply to
tbasc

Why not ask the engineer?

Reply to
Bob Morrison

Per Bob M's comment............if the engineer spec'd it, let him detail it. A phone cal from him or a faxed hand sketch is better than guessing.

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

I don't know how that didn't occur to me

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

I absolutely agree that the engineer that sized the beam should also be able to design the connection. But if that isn't possible, you are looking at something on the order of:

marson