Filling concrete joints in pool area

We have purchased a house which has a pool about 20 years old. The area around the pool is covered with concrete with joints that are about 1 inch wide and 5 inches deep. Originally there was wood inbetween with a sikaflex top. The wood has long rotted and needs to be replaced.

We cleaned the joints out and were looking for something to fill the joint area.

A silly question why not use mortor cement with a sikaflex seal on top? The cement has cured and the mortor will last a very long time? Articles I read talk about polyuretha etc because the concrete has not cured but the concrete is 20+ years old and not moving. The heat/cold contraction appears to be very mimimal.

Philip.

Reply to
scooter

Scroll down to..

"Materials for Concrete Joints" on this page...

CWatters

I believe my concrete pool deck has moved in the last 10 years; its now 30 yrs. old, so I would not put even limestone screeding in the joints.

Reply to
bent