concrete contraction joints

I have a question for all you concrete wizards out there. I am renovating a concrete pool deck. Some contraction joints are 1 inch wide with some vertical displacement of the slab. This deck is to be covered with a 1/8" thickspray applied elastomeric material. My question is: Can I filland and level these contraction joints using an outdoor levelling compound? I realise that this may eventually crack, but the crack cannot travel through the surface coating. Does anyone foresee any problems. please note that I am talking here about contraction joints, and not expansion joints that connected to a building or other structure where movement is essential.

Thanks an advanced

Grahame

Reply to
Grahame