Electric Shock

I live in a 100 or so year old apartment building. They are doing some major renovation work in the basement. For the last few days I have been getting lots of electric shocks when I touch various things, from the microwave to the water faucet. The air is not particularly dry and we don't have any wind, so I don't think the weather is the problem. Is it possible that the construction caused this problem (I know that they have accidentally cut many wires along the way) and, if so, what kinds of actions could cause this problem?

TIA.

Reply to
Matt Silberstein

What is a major renovation? Gutting it? Restoring it?

they may have loosened a ground connection.

they may now have pvc, so you now have no real ground.

Reply to
Bill

I would guess by your description that you are talking about static electric shock like walking on wool carpet, etc. I can think of no reason why any renovation work or electrical work would increase the incidence of static electricity. Humidity, or rather the lack thereof, and weather have more influence on static.

Some clothing generates more static. Maybe you need Bounce sheets in the dryer. Are you wearing something new or different? ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Static shocks (brief and not immediately repeatable) or repeatable sustaining current shocks?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich