Drainage

Is there a way of pumping waste water up about 6 ft to main drains?

Reply to
Debbie Sneap

My sister in law has a system. No idea who supplied it but they say it works fine. Google found a company ...

Sewage pumping station If there is a sewer available, but at a higher level, it may be worth considering installation of a sewage pumping station and rising main. These are usually relatively small tanks fitted with one or two submersible pumps, designed either to pass solids up to a certain size (solids-handling) or chop them up (macerators/grinders/cutters). Solids-handling pumps tend to be cheaper and more reliable - but require larger diameter pipework. Macerators/grinders/cutters can generally pump higher/further, through a smaller, more flexible rising main.

Regards

Colin

PS If you are thinking of building a house take a look at these UK specific forums. Will usually find me there somewhere...

(site was down today when I looked)

Reply to
CWatters

Yep. Google "sewage ejector" and "macerating toilet"

RicodJour