Dock lift wiring

I am rewiring my dock. I ran new wire through existing conduit to run the lights and a GFI outlet. There is a separate 8/3 w/ground wire to the lift motors. I do not plan to run a plug from this circuit. The motors run on

230v. Is there such a thing as a GFI for 230v. Since there is no neutral I don't think there could be, but I have read that it is needed. Doesn't make sense to me. Anything I should be especially concerned about?

Mike

Reply to
vMike

Yes there is. A common application is for swimming pool pumps.

A neutral is not required.

Hershel

Reply to
Hershel