deck post ?

What is the max spacing for posts on a deck?

Reply to
Snikerty Loon

depends on a lot of factors. check out

marson

depends on your framing system

doesn't your bulding dept have sample deck & patio cover designs?

Just a WAG but I'd say 8' to 12' depending on deck design

Is this thing close to the ground or 8' up?

check out

but be careful they have some really dumb details for parts of the deck design

(like post to foundation connections)

they have a span calculator that will give you an idea depending on joist size, spacing & live load but your local building dept requirements will have to be satisfied

cheers Bob

Reply to
Bobk207

Check with your local zoning commission department or building code people.

Reply to
richard

Bob, Thank you for recommending

We are always looking to improve the site. We show 3 or 4 different techniques at this connection. There are many people that use these different techniques. We felt it was only fair to show them all. We mot prefer you to have a bolt connection at the post and pier.

Thank you aga> Snikerty Lo> > What is the max spacing for posts on a deck?

Reply to
decks.com