Deck Lighting

We are in the final stages of deck construction and are now looking at lighting.

We are considering rope lighting installed into a channel routered out of the lower railing.

I would route out a 1/2 inch space and drill through the post for a continuous loop around the deck.

This would provide some nice accent lighting that is not seen directly.

Any one have any comments on this plan?

Thanks...

Reply to
ah650

Might look good at christmass but other then that it sounds really tacky

Then again I didnt go in for those MC Hammer baloon pants back in the 80s either and maybe thats your style.

to each their own I guess

Remember to light the step treds thats most important

Reply to
<moo

NOT as tacky as those yellow red and green "patio lanterns" or the dollar store Tiki Torches

Reply to
Rudy