Latest threads in Building Constructionshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Help with metal roof
Building a new house and want a standing seam metal roof. Need help determining how is should be constructed. Material is 22 ga. Above the rafters, one roofing guy says radiant barrier OSB, 30# felt...
10
10

Help with installing porcelain tile
Hello Everyone I have a question i'm hoping you all can help me with. i have a large terrace/pool area which is about 2000 sf. right now, i have about 20 year old porcelain tile on there. it was...
4
4

Concrete step
The precast step on this 35 year old house finally gave way. I am going to pour its replacement. There are two cantilevered supports from the house foundation on which the old step sat. Can I just...

Framing nailer
Bought a Porter Cable nailer from the great Home Depot. I asked for some framing nails. The fellow gave me a box of them and said this was what I needed. Well, I get back to the farm, some 80 miles...
8
8

Virtual Assistant Offers Unique Rewards Program
Vital Office Solutions is pleased to offer an interesting incentive to anyone who refers a paying client. May 14, 2008 =96 The Virtual Assistance industry has been around for many years, providing...

Architectural software for AutoCAD LT
Real Architect 2008 Real Architect 2008 is a complete 2D architectural drafting program that works with AutoCAD LT as well as full AutoCAD. The retail price is $89.00, with upgrades from previous...

Metal Roof Insulation
I have a double wide trailer that I recently had a freestanding pole barn- type metal roof put over. The trusses are approximately 1.5 ft. above original metal roof on trailers and sides come down to...
7
7

triple pane windows?
I have a house constructed as follows: first a basic ranch house was built, years later an extension went out the back with a garage under it. The front part of the house was built with standard...
3
3

building material-granite
who knows grnites, it is a kind of natural stones,enduring rain outside your house,and best option for indoor decoration. any one who are interested in it,send us the drawing,we will make it for you...
1
1

HVAC calculations
Anyone know of a formula or a web site that helps with HVAC sizing, I know the old rule of thumb, 1 ton of cooling to 500 sq. feet, looking for more acuracy in the numbers.
1
1

Weather Barrier Material
I'm searching for and not finding a product described by a contractor: Not standard Tyvek type 'house wrap', it has a built in drainage plane and is compatible with self adhesive tapes....
1
1

Pls help re paint
Pls help re paint We live in the SF Bay Area, California. We are thinking of painting the exterior of our exterior is stucco. We are using Kelly Moore paint.. We have already painted the trim / siding...
2
2

Insulating a roof with no crawl space
Just bought a home built in 1950. The roof I suspect has minimal insulation. To make the ceilings high, the builder has put in no crawl space and the rafters are visible from inside the house. The...
8
8

stucco/wire lath question
I forgot to schedule for wire lath inspection and I went ahead and applied the stucco coats. During the final inspection, the inspection caught it and asked that I expose a couple of spots to check...
3
3

Electrical Professional
Electrical Proffessional with 10 years journey/master level experience in large residendial and commercial enviroments. Very strong prospect bid and close skills with my own established professional...