I have ceiling vents. Does it matter which rotational direction my ceiling fan is set?

This is about ceiling fans: I live in a townhouse and have ceiling vents that deliver cool air in summer and warm in winter via my roof mounted Trane HVAC system. I previously lived in a house with floor vents and would set the direction of my ceiling fans to push cool air down in the summer and pull warm air up in the winter. With my ceiling vents I would think that both cool air and warm air need to be pushed down into the room. Is this correct? I've tried to get this information from other HVAC forums and have not yet been successful. Any HVAC pros out there to address this question?

Reply to
PTG