Woolen baby shawl

I have a white wool baby shawl which my mother crocheted for my new born daughter 30 years age and I have had it stored away. Now that my daughter is pregnant I thought it would be nice for her, but unfortunately it has light yellow stains in places which so far with soaking it and washing, I have not been able to remove them. Any help would be appreciated . Thank you. Yvonne Le Breton

Reply to
Murray Le Breton

Vinegar in water ( tablespoon per pint ) may help. You can soak the garment or apply the fluid with a sponge.

Sincerely, Choreboy

Reply to
Choreboy

Hi Yvonne,

Try Hydrogen peroxide, it should be safe on wool. Simply add it neat to the stained area, leave it for 5 mins and then flush it away with cold water. Don't scub or rub the area otherwise you will felt it.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean