Why is our Tuperware etching?

Our T ware seems to be developing an etching problem. Even if we hand wash the pieces, the clear tubs seem to be having a reaction with something. Anyone else have this problem??? Mary Ann

Reply to
M D

I havn't a clue. I have many Tupperware pieces, none are etched and all are hand washed. Anything harder than plastic (such as a metal spoon) will scratch Tupperware.

Reply to
Phisherman

I've had tomato sauce dissolve the surface of some plastic containers.

I use left-over cottage cheese containers for leftover pasta sauce so they can be thrown away.

Gary\

Reply to
Gary Brown

Proctor and Gamble has new product out called "Cascade Plastic Booster" that is designed to remove the red stains from plastic:

Vox Humana

It's been ages ago, but I have successfully removed stains from Tupperware with a bleach and water solution. You'll probably need to let it soak for a lonnnngggg while.

Donna

Reply to
Donna