Soaking food starch off plates

I have found that no amount of soaking, with or without detergent, will loosen microwave baked-on food starch from oatmeal or pasta. The dishwasher also does not get it off. I need to resort to old fashioned elbow grease.

Is there anything that helps for baked-on food starch?

- David

Reply to
David D.

"David D." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Try soaking in a baking soda solution overnight.

Reply to
Wayne

Soak pot, dishes, utensils in cold water as soon as possible. A nylon net scrubber helps.

Reply to
Phisherman