Skin Oil on bedding

I have a problem with getting skin and hair oil on my pillowcases. I almost always shower directly before bed and use a good oil control shampoo on my hair.

However, I notice that my pillow cases get to looking funky after a short period of time. They get this weird kinda....waxy...oily... canvas-y feel to them. I wash my bedding once a week and rotate between 3 or 4 sets. But the waxy stuff keeps happening.

I've tried many different combos of detergents and water temps, but nothing seems to help. I even tried dish soap once, thinking the grease cutting "stuff" might help cut the skin and hair oil, alas it didn't.

Is there anything I can use to remove the skin and hair oil form my pillow cases?

Reply to
eric.hipp

Do you shower and shampoo your hair before going to bed? Try an hour-long hot pre-soak with a laundry booster. I recommend a quality detergent soap such as Tide with bleach. (Soaking any fabric in bleach water may weaken or damage the fabric.) Use a pillow case protector.

Reply to
Phisherman

Talking about Tide with Bleach. What is a good price for that? Can anyone give me a rough idea?I don't belong to a Sam's Club or Costco.

bonnie

Reply to
rosebud

utoh.....maybe you need to get one of those ole granny caps to wear to bed.

Reply to
Muvin Gruvin

Try permanently reducing the amount of fabric softener you use to the bare minimum. Starting with less oil on the fabric will enable the fabric to absorb more of your skin oil.

You have to love the sound of the line, more than you love the sound of your own drum.--Drumline

Reply to
Michael A. Ball