Replacing Central Vacuum Air Filter with K&N High Flow Air Filter

Hello Group,

I have a central vacuum in my place and I periodically have to change the foam air filter because it rots out.

I live in South Florida think it might be the salt air and high humidity causing the filter to rot out faster than normal.

Today I replace the foam air filter with a K&N High Flow Air Filter. So far it seems to be working well.

Here are the specifications for those who are interested:

Central Vacuum Manufacturer: M & S Systems Make: AIR VAC Model: AV410 Foam Filter Sizes Outside Diameter: 5 5/8" (145mm) Inside (Flange) Diameter: 2" (50mm) Length: 6 1/4" (160mm)

K&N High Flow Air Filter Manufacturer: K&N Model: RA-0580 URL:

Note: I drilled a small hole (15/64" or 1/4") in the rubber end of the K&N Air Filter to accommodate the bolt which is used to secure the filter to the central vacuum. I used the round metal plate which normally holds the foam filter in place to hold the K&N filter in place.

Keller Beyer snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
Keller