Re: Need help

My lil one slipped away behind a chair with a lipstick. I don't ever use

>the stuff but my dm (and that isn't dear) gave me one she didn't want. >Somehow my older dd got ahold of it and put it in her room. Lil one found >it. > >Well it is now washed off of her and the wood furniture but how pray tell do >I get it out of the carpet. Usually the house is safe for her to roam but >when she know she has something she shouldn't she goes behind the chair. I >know when I can't find her where to look. It took her merely a moment to >get it on herself and the carpet and if she'd had more time I'm sure it >would have been on the chair, wall and well... everywhere. > >Any remedies to remove it from off white carpet? Pretty please? > >I have to run pick up my older daughter but I will look here when I return >soon! > >TIA!!!!!!!!! > >Anni

I'll see what I can come up with, Anni. In the meantime, I've added alt.home.cleaning, hoping the Doc or maybe mr. Phish can help :-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Goof Off! will remove lipstick from carpeting. If there is some stain left, OxyClean should remove it or you can use Resolve (a moist powder brushed into the carpet, dries, then vacuum). Kerosene will work too, but then you need to deal with the odor and fire hazard if much is needed.

Reply to
Phisherman

Hi Nan,

Amyl Acetate (Nail varnish remover) or solvent soap followed by white spirit should do the trick.

-- DrClean

The Best Fabric Cleaning Resource on the Web

Reply to
DrClean

Thank you!

what is white spirit though?

Anni

Reply to
Night Owl

The Great White Spirit is what Indians called the God of the White Folks.

Whites considered Indians savages because Indians didn't beat their children. As Judge Moore would tell you, the cornerstone of white civilization is, "Honor thy father and thy mother if thou knowest what's good for thee." In other words, DrClean is reminding you to chastise your children.

Indians were more attuned to the New Testament: "Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me." Indian influence made the Puritans of Plymouth Colony liberal even by modern standards. Do you live on or near Cape Cod? That would explain why you didn't know what DrClean meant by his advice to follow up with white spirit.

Reply to
Marcia Pease

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 11:10:16 -0400, Marcia Pease scribbled in red crayon:

In other words, she should pray over the lipstick stained carpet and not beat her child?

~Piper~ Life is simpler when you plow around the stumps.

Reply to
Piper

A Cape Codder would have rolled out the red carpet for the child. Then lipstick could be wiped up with a paper napkin -- or the collar of a shirt from the laundry hamper. The shirt is going to be washed anyway, so why waste a napkin?

Reply to
Marcia Pease

I think with a 2 year old it's the mother who needs a good smack! Anyone want to stand in line....

anni /closes eyes!

Reply to
Night Owl

I think the heathen hoard might call it paint thinner.