Rain_X

With upcoming winter, I am interested in anyone who can tell me about rain-x..it is good/bad stuff, I have heard several reports, more like smearing the window, hard to remove etc...I was thinking about trying it this winter fast approaching.....tnx....Gary

Reply to
Gary Boyer

I have never answered one of these before. Yes..I use Rain-X down here in sunny Florida. It does rain here and Rain-X does a great job in beading up the water to a point where I seldom turn on my wipers. I am not sure how effective this stuff is in colder climates.

DCG

Reply to
Dave Grace

Hi Dave

I use a similar generic product Acidified Isopropynol that pre-dates Rain-X by many many years. In fact, I think Rain-X is the same generic product only repackaged in consumer sizes and sold under that trade name.

I lived in St. Louis where it gets mighty cold, and the generic product is used on most commercial aircraft as well and never had problems from using it.

You will get windshield wiper chatter as it wears off though unless you also use dry silicone on the wiper blades.

TTUL Gary

Reply to
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.