Preventing lime deposits in toilet bowl?

Our well water is heavily mineralized. Is there anything I can put in the toilet tank that will prevent lime deposits from forming in the toilet bowl? Periodic conventional cleaning doesn't prevent it.

There are several products that claim to prevent hard water stains, but I think "hard water" and "lime" are two different things.

Reply to
Paul Ciszek

Phisherman

Try Polident tablets.

Reply to
Gregory Morrow

Why do you put limes in your toilet ? Hahahahaha.

But seriously, I think lime the way the word is used in this regard, equates to hard water, it's really mineral deposits, so if something will fix the hard water it will take care of it. Maybe one of the many things you put in your tank, that you refer to. See also:

roger61611

I have no idea if it works but I have just been reading a magazine and one of the readers tips was to put sea shells in the electric kettle water to protect against limescale. They should be changed every few weeks. Well! That's a new one on me. I wonder if it would work in a cistern?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk