Patio Furniture Cleaner?

Does anyone know the best thing to use to clean outdoor patio furniture?

Reply to
Jim

Might be helpful to know what kind of outdoor patio furniture you're talking about, as there's many different kinds... I know I recently cleaned what looked like years of outdoor use from our chairs with a plain old SOS pad. This is the plain jane plastic patio chairs and table.

Reply to
xkatx

Plastic, wood, composite, fabric or metal? What kind(s) of soil/stain?

Reply to
Phisherman

I don't know. I have upholstered cushions that are made out of some kind of plastic and they look really bad. I have tried cleaning with soap, water and clorox and they still don't look good. If anyone knows of something that cleans better I would love to know what it is.

Phisherman wrote:

Reply to
Dottie

Try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Try our products to clean your patio furniture. We have products to clean most outdoor materials.

If you have something you can't get out, let us know.

Reply to
sales

gotta resort to heavy duty cleaning to get your makeup off every night?

Reply to
betrtimes

I thought of suggesting that, as the first thing that came to mind when I first read this was that silly Magic Eraser commercial where the thing gets tossed about the neighbourhood to everyone and their dog...

I tried that on my patio furniture (just the basic, simple, boring plastic patio furniture) and it did not work. I found a regular SOS pad was the best, but maybe that was because our chairs looked like they had years and years of outdoor use on them, as we did get them second hand.

Reply to
xkatx

Nah, I only wear makeup every once in a while :-)

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I've found they work well on our Little Tikes toys. I got some of those little yellow chairs from Goodwill and they cleaned up pretty nicely. But an SOS pad would have worked well, too.

Nan

Reply to
Nan

Heh... With the Magic Eraser, I might have given up too soon... I found that it wore out real fast and I was stubbing my fingers with it while trying to clean. The SOS pad, OTOH, makes my hands break out with a reaction because of the steel and the soap crud on it, but it was cheap - pay the same price almost for a whole box of SOS pads as you do for 1 Magic Eraser - and it was fast. I was hoping it didn't scratch the crap out of the furniture, and it doesn't seem to have done that, not that it would really matter much to me for old, basic patio chairs! I haven't tried the Magic Eraser on outdoor toys - the sandbox could use a good cleaning, come to think of it... I found the Magic Eraser does work wonders on wall and floor scuffs... I went nuts with one at my parents' place when I noticed their walls and floor in the kitchen had scuff marks all over because of my little brother's hockey bag, which he's fairly clumsy and inconsiderate with ;) (he's also 17 years old lol) and my mom had tried almost everything to get those scuffs off, yet the Magic Eraser worked like a charm.

Reply to
xkatx

Is there any silver bullet for getting glass shower doors squeaky clean and shiny?

Reply to
janerene

What odd quirk of fate caused janerene to generate the following ::

Are you talking about just water spots or soap scum. Mr Clean Magic Erasers are good for soap scum. Kaboom works great too. Just for spots...I'd just dry it with a towel after the shower.

bonnie

Reply to
rosebud

yes, you may need the eraser- but once you do get it clean spray often with vinegar- leave for 2 minutes and just wipe- this should stop a build up- you can also spray with vinegar before using the eraser.......if quite bad - just use vinegar straight- other wise mix half vinegar and half water-

rosebud wrote:

Reply to
joyfulheart(Marilyn Christine)

I might go as Raggedy Ann this year if I can get a Raggedy Andy costume together for my 2 yo. E wants to be a dragon. Or a velveeta cheese box

Nan

Reply to
Nan

I am wondering if one of those "car wash" type sprayers with a soap solution inside would help.

Warmest Regards,

Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas