I accidently put something in the microwave that shouldn't have been
microwaved and it burnt , now I am having difficulty in getting rid of
the burnt smell, I have tried cleaning it and putting a drop of water in
a dis with some washing up liquid but it still wont get rid unless the
washing up liquid is not strong enough smell wise, does anybody in the
group have a solution please.
I would probably remove the interior plastic (held in place with a few
screws) and hand-wash the piece. This will also give you access to
other parts to the microwave you can clean. A warm soapy solution
with some household ammonia should help cut some of the grease
buildup. Of course, unplug the unit while cleaning and don't lose the
My microwave booklet states to put a cup of water in a quart container
and bring to a boil. Shut off the microwave, wait 5 minutes, the wipe
the interior. This method works great for typical cleaning and for
loosening baked-on food, but the burnt food odor is another matter.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.