marks on ironstone dishes

I noticed that some of my ironstone dishes are getting shiny silver-colored marks on them. I think it's from them rubbing against other dishes or silverware in the dishwasher, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to remove the marks? I tried gently scrubbing them with Bon Ami powdered cleanser, but that made very little difference. Any advice/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks. Sis

Reply to
Sis

silver-colored

I had the same problem and was able to remove the marks by scrubbing with Barkeeper's Friend and a sponge. Barkeeper's friend is a cleanser sold alongside Bon Ami, etc. It won't scratch and is very good for cleaning stainless steel cookware.

Reply to
Vox Humana

These are caused by the silverware/flatware we eat with. I get them on my ironstone dishes too. The advice of using Bon Ami is good, Bar Keepers Friend also works well. I wrote to Pfaltzgraff about it on my dishes and they sent me an order form for their expensive ironstone cleaner, sort of a soft scrub like cleaner. It works no better than the much more reasonably priced cleansers. I don't use regular cleansers with bleach in them though. I love Bar Keepers Friend. It has a gold container. For the price we pay for these ironstone dishes this should not be a problem.

Hope this helps. Jan

Reply to
Autumn

Thanks to both of you for your advice! I'm going to buy the Bar Keeper's friend product asap. The BonAmi definitely did not work, so I hope this does. Sis

Reply to
Sis