How to remove paint oder?

I painted the doors and trims on my bedroom with oil based paint. It has been over a week and the smell didn't yet disappear. Anyone knows how to remove the smell?

Cecil

Reply to
Alpha Two

Patience. Eventually it will go away. I don't know of anything you could do to speed it up.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

Open the windows and turn on the fans. It takes about a month for paint to fully cure. Next time you can mix a half bottle of vanilla extract (not the imitation stuff) to a gallon of paint--this will reduce the paint odor. This will work with oil or water-based paints since the vanilla extract is alcohol, and it will not alter the color.

Reply to
Phisherman

I use oil base paint for all my woodwork. The smell usually dissipates in week or so. All you can do is air out the place. I think it is worth the inconvenience as oil base paint is more durable and tends to give a superior finish as compared to latex pain.

Reply to
Vox Humana