How to remove black mold spots in cellar

My house is a new construction (finished in March) and after a heat wave, I've got black mold spots running all along the corners and floor edging in the basement.

Someone suggested I get a Dehumidifier for the basement. I got a 70 pint at Sears (no manual) and have been running it at 70% humidity level (to dry the air out), but the spots are still there.

How long does it take for these little buggers to die and should I consider something else as well.

I live in New Hampshire if that helps at all.

TIA

Jim

Reply to
Jim Dalton

Decreasing the humidity will help prevent the mold from growing and from coming back once the mold is killed. Spray the mold with a bleach solution to kill it, wait 10 minutes, then wipe dry. Consider filling the cracks with the appropriate caulking to seal water and water vapor out.

Reply to
Phisherman