Gum Removal

Daughter-unit Beta stepped in it but good. With her fresh-from-the-box Geox.

The blob, now a fruity-scented, gravel-encrusted, twig-ensnared, ground-into-each sole-crag oval, has solidified as if it was baked in a kiln overnight. I am concerned using a dissolvent, like the blue-and-yellow can lighter fluid will also take a part of her shoe's sole. Does anyone have some other suggestions?

Many thanks.

The Ranger

Reply to
The Ranger

Goo Gone should do the trick, but it's oily, so I'd be careful with fibers like clothes and carpet. Shoes should be ok.

Reply to
Mystified One

Place (in a bag) into the freezer for 3+ hours, then peel most of it off. Then I'd use kerosene, being careful not to get it near the sole's glue line.

Reply to
Phisherman

Buy cheaper shoes

Reply to
win-ho-lee

Is she old enough to play with black powder?

I suggest you ignore those other fools and use vaseline. It dissolves gum, won't harm shoes, washes off easily, and leaves no odor.

Last night I watched "The Best Ranger" on the Discovery Channel. Did you compete this year?

Reply to
Barbecue Bob