Glass Shower screen

Hi I do not know if anyone can help but our shower screens are clear glass and we can never seem to get them shinning clean. We have tryed, think about all the products on the supermarket shelves but they still end up very streaky and cloudy.. When they are wet they are perfectly clear but when they dry, back to the same state again. Thanks. Murray

Reply to
Murray Lee

This seems to be a common problem. I don't have a shower, I much prefer to soak in a bath and wipe clean the bath with the bubbles as the water runs away thus saving time and expense. Have you thought about frosting the glass in some way to make the smears less noticeable?

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Reply to
Murray Lee

a strategically placed mirror could do the same thing if you have elderly or very young to care for and keep an eye on for safety's sake. God forbid but if on the other hand you are a voyeur then perhaps a webcam would be the thing? Failing these do wait for others to come along with their own methods though it does seem an impossible task.

Reply to
Mrs Bonk

Place a paper towel against the glass and spray vinegar onto it, after

2 hours rinse. If that doesn't work try a product such as Kaboom, Lime-Away or CLR. After you get it clean use an after-shower spray on glass to prevent future buildups. BTW, this was one reason I kept my vinyl shower curtain, rather than installing glass shower doors.
Reply to
Phisherman

Then they are etched, not dirty. The fact that a coating of water makes them clear shows that there are no deposits of any material making it cloudy. Rather, the glass itself is micro-pitted, and a coating of water just smoothes the optical surface.

I don't think there's anything you can do to smooth the glass again. Any sort of grinding will leave it just as rough or rougher.

Robert

Reply to
robgood

Reply to
Murray Lee

Reply to
Murray Lee

It may not be the same problem but I had a problem from not wiping the shower dry every time it was used. I tried all sorts of cleaner and the coating of whatever it was would not move. I eventually shifted it with a new microfibre cloth from Aldi. When new these cloths have an amazing ability to remove stuff and only cost 99p

Reply to
ronaldhenrythomas

I haven't the foggiest idea if this will work or not but if it were MY shower - knowing the affect a rinse agent has on dishes - I'd water-down a bottle of rinse agent in a spray bottle (the kind with a handle - 401 type). Then starting with perfectly clean glass doors, I'd spray the entire surface (from the inside of course) BEFORE I showered. Before I left the shower, I'd make sure the entire surface got sprayed with clear water... NOT the mixture. Repeat the process with next shower. If successful... place ten dollars in an envelope and send it to me with a "Thank you" note.

Reply to
John Gregory