OT: Poisoning trees

Hi I have some Chilean willows & a few palms that I want to poison & would like some suggestions on how & what products to use, I am in Australia. cheers sandra

Reply to
Sandra Bodycoat

have you had a look at aus.gardens? they're a nice group (a bit quiet).

glyophosphate (e.g. roundup, zero) works if you must poison them. look on the instructions, but generally for trees & such you need to cut it to a stump, & then paint the stuff onto the raw top. sometimes you have to re-apply once or twice it i think, and you use a stronger solution than you would for weeds.

might be worth asking a gardening group, though - i do most things in the garden without chemicals & zero is the only one i know! i did, however, use it to very good effect to get rid of years' worth of weeds, & the kind i have (it comes in various concentrations for you to dilute further, all the instructions are there) can certainly be used for trees if one is so inclined :-) kylie

Reply to
0tterbot

If you keep cutting off the foliage, plants will be dead before long. I even go after poison ivy and poison oak that way, with hand tools and a string trimmer. With poison, I'd have to spray at the right time, then wait to see if it worked.

***
Reply to
Sawney Beane

Reply to