DYSON VACUUM? any experience/ dog hair

We cant seem to make a vacuum last more than a few years due to golden retriever shedding. anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken n Jill

I know someone who has several large dogs and about 12 cat who owns a Dyson. She likes it. She said that some part broke and Dyson replaced without any problem. She also go the extended service plan (which I think is a rip-off) and has it serviced periodically. Maybe that keeps it working well.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have 2 pugs, a cat and a Dyson. I really like it. I do think it gets more hair up than other vacuums I've owned. I got the "purple" model which came with a stair attachment that has a beater brush on it.

I have finally decided to have hardwood floors installed, where I don't already have hardwood. At least I'll be able to see the balls of fur better now.

I really lucked out though. When I was at Sears, looking at the Dyson, they just so happened to have one that someone else returned. They guaranteed the same warrenty, and offered it to me for $350. I snapped it up.

Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

You won't regret removing the carpet.

Reply to
Vox Humana

We cant seem to make a vacuum last more than a few years due to golden retriever shedding. anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken n Jill

We cant seem to make a vacuum last more than a few years due to golden retriever shedding. anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Ken

Reply to
Ken n Jill

--------------- I'm sure I won't. It's impossible to vacuum all the dust/dirt out of a carpet. I am very much looking forward to having a cleaner home with the hardwood.

Hey, I've been wondering where you were. I thought maybe you left the list.

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

We've had one for a while and it's great. It really worked hard when we renovated the house - I've never seen so much dust. We don't have a dog so can't comment on how it handles dog hair.

Reply to
Viviane

I've been around, but just didn't feel like posting much. Post-election depression, I guess.

Reply to
Vox Humana

My dyson has started to fall apart. it was brilliant except the bar was always getting tangled with hair and I had to cut it to get it out. the hose has now split but i have tape around it so it'll go for a bit more until I get a proper repair. I've lost a little wheel somewhere. Despite all this it's the best vacuum I've ever owned

Reply to
Sweep

yes

Reply to
James Nipper

James you are an idiot Ken n Jill there are three messages from you all with the same subject , one of them has some useful replies.

Reply to
Gob Stopper

Hi Ken n Jill. Nobody has answered me, either. I spend too much time cleaning house and hoped people here would tell me how to make it quick and easy.

I know what they're thinking. They think I'm weird. So lets make friends. If they try to be our friends we can tell them to mind their own business.

Maybe I'm psychic, but is Ken n Jill an Irish name? I have no experience with golden retrievers, but I used to have an Irish Setter. She let chickens sit on her head. Do you have any experience with chickens? It's hard to clean up after them if you have a a lot.

Well, I have to get back to my housework. I won't be far away if you need a friend to talk to at alt.home.cleaning.

Yours truly, Choreboy

To reply remove the underscore.

Reply to