clogged dishwasher arms

There are mineral deposits in my dishwasher water dispensing arms. I've poked out the holes, but fear there is still a lot of deposit inside the arms. Is there a product that will dissolve the deposit by means of a wash? I'm sure the best thing would be to remove the arms and soak them in vinegar, but I hesitate to try to do this ... there's nothing in the manual about how to remove them and what appears to be where you'd use a screwdriver is a very odd shape for which I have no tool. I have emailed the manufacturer, but hope you all might have some ideas. Lobo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Delete the obvious to reply to me personally. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reply to
Lobo

Try CLR or LimeAway. Both of these are good products. Vinegar works too, it just takes a little longer. You might consider a water softener.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
B McGee

I have found that LemiShine works very good. It is designed for dishwashers and hard water. And do I have hard water? Do airplanes fly?

Reply to
Sandra S Beall

Thanks all ... I've run it once with LimeAway and couldn't really tell if it had completely cleaned the arms. I'll look for some of these other products too. Appreciate your help.

Reply to
Lobo