chapstick out of pants

I would like some ideas on how to get this chapstick out of jeans and kahkis. The chapstick was in the pockets and went through the dryer and now it has left those shiny spots all over any suggestions?

Reply to
macy

-> I would like some ideas on how to get this chapstick out of jeans and

-> kahkis. The chapstick was in the pockets and went through the dryer and

-> now it has left those shiny spots all over any suggestions?

You might try the method for getting wax out. Use paper towels and a warm iron. Put the paper towels over the wax/chapstick and iron the paper towels. Change the paper towel frequently and do as many times as needed. The theory is that the wax/chapstick will melt and be soaked up into the paper towels.

I honestly have no idea if this will work for chapstick, so let me/us know if you try it.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

I'd try spraying with preen before washing.

Reply to
Viviane

Hi Macey,

I believe chapstick is solvent based do try white spirit, which should melt it and completely remove it. Alternatively lighter fuel should work.

Hope this helps

Reply to
DrClean

Chapstick is 44% petrolatums (petroleum jelly). Petroleum jelly will dissolve sticky substances and wash out pretty easily with detergent. I'd rub petroleum jelly into the spots, then wash the spots with dishwashing detergent.

Sincerely, Choreboy

Reply to
Choreboy