ceiling fan directional switch

I destroyed the 6 pin directional switch in my ceiling fan with fixing the speed control. I live in a small city in Africa and can't get replacement parts. I'm also not really electrically inclined. Is there a way I can trouble shoot the wires that go into the directional switch in order to bypass it and only go in one direction? I have two purple and two gray wires on each end and opposite sides of the switch. I also have a white and an orange wire in the middle.

Reply to
obreiro