Latest threads in Bathroomshow only best voted threads

Subcategories: Shower 11
Subject Author Posted Replies

sweet smell in downstairs bathroom?
I have a sweet smell in my downstairs bathroom. I have had a plumber look at it and he replaced the ring on the toilet but he stated that there was nothing wrong with it. I still have the smell and 2...

Cost to fix ceiling
I have water damage in my bathroom ceiling. Would likely need to replace part of the ceiling drywall then replaster and repaint. I live in Staten Island, NY. First time homeowner here, what would be a...

Does this look like mold? Does it look dangerous?
I am renting a room in a very old house (old enough that it has push-button style electric switches) on the coast of Northern California. This is a picture of the bathroom. As you can see, there is...
1
1

Bathroom shut off vavle
My hot water sink shut off valve is stripped and wont shut off. It just keeps turning. The sink faucet drips. I cut the cold water shut off valve off because it is leaking every time I use the cold...

can you paint over baked on shower door stripes
Wondering if I can use some kind of paint to repaint the stripes on a shower door. Very faded and cant remove the old paint. Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks.....Shanan

My cast iron tub creaks when full of hot water and I am sitting in it. I am cont
I am concerned it wasn't installed properly or with sufficient support and will fall thru the floor with me in it! It doesn't appear to be dropping from its placement against the walls surrounding it....

can you repair an ACRYLIC SHOWER DAMAGED BY STEAM SHOW
No further details provided

you cover the the bathroom fan with insulation in attic
having cellulose insulation iln attic they want to cover the attic fan with 18 inches of insulation is that safe?

do i need a P trap for bathtub drain
I had a new bathtub replacement , it is against rotten wood, and I was told the smell was because I need a P trap in the tub drain. It is connected with an pvc elbow type pipe under the pier and beam...

How do I remove Wonderboard w/ceramic tiles from bathtub walls?
Hello, I am trying to demo an old bathroom to install a steam shower/tub combo. The surround has ceramic tiles, 70's ugly, on Wonderboard. Is this a job for brute force via hammer, or can this be cut...

how to install a air extraction unit for a toilet
how to install a air extraction unit for a toilet

The Philp screw head is strip and i can't get to it using the cutting disk.
It is located on the faucet with he bathtub. I am changing the washer and maybe the seat nut.

I understand that some stone resin shower trays ( G4 Kudos ) can't be laid on raised timber why ?
No further details provided
2
2

Thermostatic control knob has become very very difficult to turn.
Water in Derby is only moderately hard but the shower dates from 2011. Could it be something other than limescaling?

can i use outdoor paint inside
want to re-do bathroom using outdoor paint ... good for retarding mold and withstand the changes of temperature and humidity in room