Latest threads in Architecture and Designshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Casa da Musica - Rem Koolhaas
Hello, Recently the Casa da Musica in Oporto is opened. What do you here think of this new building? Here some links: Herbert Schroder http://www.nytimes.com/packages/...
1
1

Hey Pete.
May well be. The round is common enough. Comes from walking sprinklers that are anchored in the center. 37d 35' 49.07"N 106d 06' 15.64" W If _I_ lived in the middle of stinking dead dry nowhere and...
1
1

Bisturi spezzati - Iiniziativa antivivisezione a Roma
Lunedì avrà inizio BISTURI SPEZZATI, una mostra sulla sperimentazione animale promossa dagli studenti della facoltà di Filosofia della Sapienza (Roma) con la collaborazione di Agnese Pignataro. Si...

I'd like to do some work with 20/20
the software that Home Depot and other use for cabinet spec-ing (sp). It seems kind of crude and the final renderings are out of proportion. Do you think there is a market for someone to clean up,...

Piers for a small Cottage.
Ken: While I like Don's solution, I have another idea. Use the auger to dig an 18-inch diameter hole about 3 feet deep. Put about 6 inches of mixed concrete in the bottom (I prefer that you mix it...
7
7

Anybody ever try this stuff?
It's good stuff but the fat content is very high.Just slice it and fry it.
5
5

Is 'looking like a home', a good thang?
Duck or decorated shed argument redux
10
10

Pictures video footage wanted
of buildings with Marmoroc wall cladding system in the benelux countries

Dormer
: How much does a dormer cost? : A *standard* one, nothin' fancy mind you. Why would anyone want a dormer? Just one dormer there... How much space can a dormer add? Is that like wanting to paste grass...
2
2

New Monitor??
I use a 19" LCD monitor at work. I have a 17" CRT at home - bought it while I was still in grad school and didn't have the bread for an LCD. Aside from saving desk space, I don't see what's so great...
19
19

Cad Monkey
This was forwarded to me at work. Thought people might get a kick out of it. A tourist walked into a pet shop and was looking at the animals on display. While he was there, another customer walked in...
2
2

Frank Lloyd Wright's Fredrick residence
I know of a Frederick C. Bogk House and the Frederick C. Robie house but have never heard of a Fredrick house. In Barrington Hills there's the Carl Post Residence... Ahh yes, there's also the Louis B....
5
5

History of the alt.architecture FAQ
Well, the obvious first reason for it's existence is self evident by reading it...
2
2

Mail Order Houses
I'm looking for information on mail order houses by Sears Roebuck and Eatons', et al. Specifically looking for info from 1908+ from the Winnipeg Eaton's catalogue sold to homeowners on the Canadian...
6
6

3D Design Architeture Software
Hi all, I'm not an architect but due to professional reasons I had to start learning some of the architecture basics. Now I need to use a 3D software which allows me to create a building and walk...
35
35