Re: Roof Samplers

"RicodJour" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com:

John wrote: >> RicodJour that sounds hilarious, do you have any pictures of the >> roofs as you were passing by which you are talking about? > > No, but now that you mention it, I might start a picture book of > "Don't do this!" It'd probably be a pretty effective selling tool and > would help identify the customers that have horrible taste before you > get in too deep. ;) > > R > >

That's not a bad idea, actually.

There was a book titled "Websites that Suck", written to be a web designer's handbook of things to avoid (even tho' few people seem to have read it...)

Anyhoo, it seems to me that a book in a similar vein about 'House Design Dos and Don'ts' would be marketable. You should look into doing it ;) !

Reply to
Kris Krieger

"RicodJour" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

They're not as "dysfunctional" as a lot of places I've been in, or looked at floorplans of, while house-hunting - a lot of them have so many random nooks and crannies (resulting from the geegawgery of the exterior design and/or roof arrangement) that it makes it difficult to figure out how to even put furniture into the rooms. Also, it might be arguable that, since a sphere is the most efficient design in terms of maximizing volume while minimizing surface area, a hemishperical structure might allow for minimal heating/cooling costs (since less surface area means slower thermal exchange).

Reply to
Kris Krieger