Re: Annoyance

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news5.newsguy.com:

There's a little annoyance around here that is building and taking its > toll, frankly, its getting on my nerve and I intend to change it. > Meter readers. > Down in Cape Coral all the electric meters were radio controlled and > the co-op could tell what the meter reading was without coming to the > site. Here in Brown county a young buk comes around in a truck and > walks up on your land and reads the meter, once every month.

Heh. I live in suburbia. It's all of a 25' walk from the street, straight up the driveway, and up to the meter, whcih is out in th eopen (no plnats, fences, etc.) But the lazyasses can't even be bothered to read it (*or* do the radio-controlled reading procedure). So we keep getting these effing "estimated" bills, until they finally get their butts out here, and then they slap us with a bill of several hundred $$.

IMO, that's even more aggravating...

Our yard is a little complicated with plants and ponds and seating > areas, paths, bridges, etc. all over the place and the dood has to go > right into the middle of our *compound* in order to read the meter. > I'm going to change that, then they, the power company, will have to > adjust. > > You see, its MY land, not theirs, and they get to use my land if I see > fit. And I don't see it. > So, there are several people on our road that have big gates on their > driveways, I'm going to build one out of large wood members and heavy > duty gate hardware. > That'll stop the vehicle from *entering.* > There is a large natural berm about 8-12 foot high seperating our yard > from the road and it is almost completely vertical from the road side, > so he won't be able to drive or even climb over it to get around the > gate. The driveway is cut into this berm. > My garage is located 40' south of my house and the meter is on the > south wall of the house, so I'm going to enclose that are with a > variety of planters, benches, lattice, fencing, etc., to create an eye > catching barrier. > He will have to call ahead of time and give us notice that he's > coming, or climb the barriers and risk getting bukshot in his ass. > > I think the thing that galls me the most is that the dood just comes > walking onto my land like its an everyday thing for him with no > thought at all that he is on OTHER peoples land. > It would never occur to me to do that. > > Other people's stuff is theirs and I want nothing to do with it, and > require others to respect my right to property as well. > I think in the real estate laws they refer to this as *the exclusive > right to use*, if I remember correctly. > > Onward. > >
Reply to
Kris Krieger