Navel Architecture

ilding/blog links?

The key word was *buried*, save money on a casket and plot when the time comes. I can see the advertising slogan now, "Stay home, for eternity!"

Reply to
creative1986

Superman could fly at lightspeed, counter to the earths rotation, going back in time and secretly slip a condom on Flashes daddy's dick right before entry.

Reply to
creative1986

Speaking of cows. Last night I was talking to the expert across the road and he told me he's gonna get some cows but first he has to build a fence through the center of his fenced in horse area. You can't put cows in with horses. Why? You won't believe it. No, Rico, you won't get Hows or Corses. The cows will eat the horse tails, all the way up to the root, and the horses just stand there and let em do it. Is that some crazy shit or what? LOL He also introduced me to the term *foundering* - pertaining to horse hooves. Inneresting. Here's something else. If the consequences of the US gov't finances go according to plan and we end up on the road to the endarkenment it will take 20 years of concentrated effort to attain enough horses to start over again, 18th century style. There was as much information lost during the 20th century as was gained.

Reply to
creative1986

I thought about that and decided that if Flash's raison d'etre is speed, then it would stand to reason that he should be made the fastest-- faster even than Superman.

But you made me decide to look it up for fun:

"On several occasions, the Flash has raced against Superman, either to determine who is faster or as part of a mutual effort to thwart some type of threat; these races, however, often resulted in ties because of outside circumstances. However, after the DC Universe revision after Crisis on Infinite Earths, The Flash does successfully beat Superman in a race in Adventures of Superman #463 with the explanation that Superman is unused to running at high speed for extended periods of time since flying is more versatile and less strenuous, which means the far more practiced Flash has the advantage. After Final Crisis in Flash: Rebirth #3 the Flash is shown as being much faster than Superman, easily outstripping him as Superman tries to keep up with him. He claims that those times that the races between them were close were 'for charity'." ~ Wikipedia

Reply to
Warm Worm

Superman was 'designed' (or evolved) to be the best at everything - you know, super! The banality of that eventually dawned on people and weaknesses had to be introduced. Magic (sheesh), varieties of Kryptonite, etc. He was just way too boring otherwise. In essence they had to restructure the fighting weight classifications to make things a sporting proposition.

RicodJour

Exactly. At this point, all superheroes have become banal.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Being able to do any and all things and/or having at least an idea of how they're done may indeed be key, and maybe even the difference between sinking or swimming in the event of some kind of social unrest.

"Someone has written a book about the children and their need for their, just simply, emotional and mental development to have contact with the mountains, with the air, the sea, with the dawn, the sunset, the trees, the birds, the song of the birds. Children that don't have these experiences have no real idea of the world they live in. They live in a house, in a school, in a city that's all manufactured. And they begin to be progressively isolated from the basic dynamics of what human life is all about." ~ Thomas Berry (1914-2009)

Reply to
Warm Worm

With me in it? :) Well you'll have to wait for that, but for now, I can show you a pic spread out of it almost finished (that doesn't do it justice such as look as black or soft as it looks to the eye. It's a bit overexposed to show a little of the stitch details). (seamed at the raglans, except near the neck, under the arms or along the sides.)

nd how long overall from

I took my sweet time and hardly worked on it since starting it until very recently, when I went crazy. I began it in June 2008 in North Vancouver at yet another Starbucks. Here's a picture of it of that era, along with a scarf I had made and a ball of handspun yarn I won from a contest. The prop is a metal sculpture in a park overlooking Coal Harbour:

the other side of Coal Harbour at 2 in the morning and in a fog:
Sometimes you just can't sleep, so you go out and rollerblade in the fog with a camera.

Felted boots? Never heard of those, but, yes, felting is quite cool. The knitted and felted women's purses remind me of an ex-girlfriend who was crazy about purses and had many-- except, AFAIK, one like that.

I can't explain that, but sometimes if I Google a specific problem and phrase it well, sometimes I'll find the solution.

I'm envious. Have fun. Maybe I can find a free boat in the mean time and sail there. Right now at the site, there's a cute Bluenose- designer-designed boat in good shape "sort of" available (someone's wanting dibs on it). I'd take it if I was east coast.

Reply to
Warm Worm

s to be done than a whimsy idea that "I" must be satisfied.

A 'little cheesy pouch', ay?...

...No kidding...

Well, maybe the first and last time I had KD, I may have realized that you could get it better and maybe cheaper or at least around a similar price if you bought a whole bag of cheap pasta for maybe 99 cents and one of those red plastic containers of very meltable cheddar cheese (that, despite the price, might go a longer way than a mere 'cheesy pouch').

We, or you, should do an experiment, an economic sim; KD vs CheddarcheeseContainer + big bag of 99-cent pasta.

Reply to
Warm Worm