Living Bridge: Multigenerational Resilient Living Architecture (Permaculture)

Warm Worm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Fascinating!

Reply to
Beauvine

snipped-for-privacy@c28g2000vbz.googlegroups.com:

Glad you caught it. Imagine a global culture based on that kind of approach or "industry".

Reply to
Warm Worm

That is really amazing, a very inspirational story & example Thanks for the link J - Brisbane Au

Reply to
Jezza

It certainly is and you're quite welcome.

Reply to
Warm Worm

Warm Worm wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@m2g2000vbc.googlegroups.com:

I can imagine it - which makes the reality so much the sadder. Technology is a fine thing, but society is so focused upon "specialization" that it's become fractured in its "thinking" so to speak - not that society thinks, but societies do have paradigms, overarching idea-constructs, by which they function. And ours has had, and increasingly has, no patience at all for the Long View, and/or for the Generalist. Everyone is too busy looking down the wrong end of their own binoculars - and they're not even using both eyes.

I do think there are ways to do things that are balanced, but our culture on the whole is not ready, and not willing, to even consider those ways. Too many poeple have too obediently allowed themselves to be convinced that their individual whims, their desire-of-the-moment, are of paramount importance, and that freedom means they can do and say whatever the hell they want, with zero consequences. And when anyone tries to describe the consequences, too many of the whim-seekers - and of course, the people who make wads of money off of selling stuff to them - get out the proverbial pitchforks and torches, ready to burn the "witches" who "tell the future".

It's a co-dependency - the people who care only about their own laser- focused lust for money (which is what greed is) enable those who want to believe that freedom equates to having what they want to buy at any given moment in time, whether they can afford it or not.

Until the majority of people break out of that co-dependency, and put some sort of limits back onto the amount of damage that individual greed is permitted to do to society/the nation as a whole, then the ideas of Permaculture, of sustainability, will be damned as "heresy".

Which is sad, because we're missing out on a lot of beauty because of the ignorenti.

Reply to
Beauvine