Cost of cliental

How're all of you doing? I know I barely ever post, but I have another quick question for you all.

Now I guess I should start this off by asking, do any of you work for a company?

If you were to work for a company or perhaps you are contracted by a company. Let's say you bring a client into the larger company or you refer them to a company, and you know they're farely big or even mediocre spenders. Would you charge a rate to the company you referred them to, for bringing them in?

I know this sounds like a weird question, but I'm just thinking that it would be likely that you could charge a percentage or a rate for what you've done by bringing in some business.

Or is it possible to go about this in a different manner?

-=John=-

Reply to
John

"John" wrote in news:1d_Ki.8392$x%6.2786@pd7urf2no:

In some jurisdictions and circumstances it could be an offence not to declare to the person being referred that you gain financially from making the referral.

In my work I sometimes apply social pricing. [Maybe these days I should call it lifestyle pricing?] If the client is a P in the A or lombard then I'll charge more - because I know there will be more work than usual :-)

Reply to
Troppo

I don't do this, and never have, but people I know who do have charged a finder's fee. Usually a flat one.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

When I worked for a firm, they paid a negotiated finder's fee based on the final fee. EDS

Reply to
EDS

"Don" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

[...]

That's ok where you are? Some places have disclosure rules ...

Apparently not ... that's why I used the term 'lifestyle'.

OTOH I've recently been on the receiving end - tricky plaster-setting job that the guy didn't want to do and said "you won't like my price". I predicted his price to within $40 - and accepted it. I'm a PITA as well :-)

Reply to
Troppo

Thanks for the info Don, I wasn't too sure if I should go to the company with a set and stern fee. I've been talking to other people and getting shit from others for not being stern enough, but some of my associates would shoot their own dog just to make a few bucks.. But what you said hits closer to home I think.

It's much more about getting the experience, besides even if I do happen to get taken on this one at least I know for the next one, not to say I'd let myself get taken.

-=John=-

Reply to
John

I'm sure when I discuss the issue with the company, that will comeup. I'm a fresh face so I'll learn from 1-trial & error (hopefully).

Thanks for the info.

-=John=-

Reply to
John

Place your client with them for a set fee (one time) or a continuing % of business revenues.

Reply to
Clumping Bamboos

This is what keeps the industry alive.

Reply to