CAD Draftsmen and BIM Engineers

As BIM is sweeping the AEC industry, it is a must for CAD draftsmen to command one or two BIM softwares.

BIM is vital for any company like us. If we don't apply BIM, we'll lose less than 30% of our clients but more than 60% of our revenue. However, many architectural firms are still with only 2D, and their draftsmen are OK without knowing BIM. However, once they want to change jobs, BIM is usually either a highlight or a must.

I believe in the future, BIM engineers will the positions that act as CAD draftsmen in today. Of course, BIM engineers will be capable of CAD drafting as well, since 2D drafting will only become much less important instead of disappearing.

------------------------------------- Blazarch is an AEC CAD & BIM services provider. Blazarch assists global design professionals in design and drafting of architectural, structural, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and building information modeling. Visit www(dot)blazarch(dot)com for details.

Reply to
Blazarch