ask questions about application in US university

I am a student of Architecture, and I've already graduated from university. I hold a B.Arch degree and a Bachelor Engineering degree in Computer Science and Technology. I have some questions about master degree in US University. Thank you for telling me some informations :)

Now I intend to apply master of Architecture in US. But there are 2 kinds of master degree: one is post-professional for students already hold a professional degree in architecture, the other is professional master for students having no professional degree. Most of the post-professional master are not NAAB-accredited while the professinal master are NAAB-accredited.

My bachelor of architecture was earned in China, and I don't know whether my B.Arch is a professional degree in architecture.

If so, I could only apply for the post-professinal master. Thus, I will not be qualified to take Architectural Registration Examination when I graduate because I have no NAAB-accredited degree. But I hope to take this examination and become an architect when I finish my master degree. What can I do?

Thank you very much for telling me some information about that!

Reply to
Lu

First, search for the alt.arch FAQ. Second, go to

go to
Odd are your B.Arch from China isn't enough here...NCARB has an "equivalency" option. I'd look into that. It's expensive, but less expensive than an extra 3 semesters of an M.Arch III program.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Thanks very much for your help :) I've already check the website your gave me.

It is said on

"Earn a professional degree from an NAAB-accredited or CACB-accredited program. If educated in a foreign country, have foreign education evaluated by NAAB through the Education Evaluation Service for Architects (EESA). "

It seems that I need to make my B.Arch degree be evaluated by EESA before I take Architectural Registration Examination. But still, I'm not so sure about that, so I decide to send more emails to schools I plan to apply to find a more accurate answer.

Thank you for your help! ^_^

Reply to
Lu

If your goal is US licensure, then satisfying NCARB requirements is the most important. If you want flexibility where you practice, an NCARB certificate is almost necessary. Because of this, I'd not worry about the school tract until you've had the EESA evaluation.

Reply to
3D Peruna

Thank you^_^

I've check my bachelor degree once again. Now I know that the bachelor degree I've earned is not a professional degree in Architecture in US university. Thus, I am qualified to apply for the professional master degree which is always with NAAB - accredited. :)

Thanks again for your help!^_^

Reply to
Lu