Amber Room

That's very early for a Craftsman. Mine's 1924.

Me too. Very under rated. Often very solidly built.

You and my mom. I find it a little hard on the bones. Love how it looks though. Nice in small spaces.

Antiques Roadshow-Las Vegas heheh

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

Totally!

Reply to
Warm Worm

I'd enjoy that. I, too like Danish Modern although I have very little of it since only certain pieces have compatibility with my mostly Asian furniture and woods. At least, post your "steal". Maybe the dealer just wanted to cut you a break, maybe no one had been interested in the style for a while.

I like to visit the SCAN store in Falls Church, Virginia which has remained fairly true to its roots, only without some of the nice Finnish pieces they used to carry, the favorite of which was, for me, an indoor picnic table in teak slabs, beuatifully finished and polished with accompanying benches.

Reply to
++

"Michael Bulatovich" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news3.newsguy.com:

And given not only the history of monarchies in general,a nd the history of the Russian monarchy specifically, this sort of obscene level of opulance is a surprise...?

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Neither that, not the ensuing revolution and royal assassinations. Not to me anyway.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich