1990s Architectural Design Cliche'?

Do you think the aesthetic will stand the test of time, or possibly be seen in the future as trendy/fadish '90s design?

Secretia Green

"Honey, do these make me look fat?"

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

You betcha.

Reply to
clintonG

The simple way to to describe the architectural design trend of the 90s which persists to this day is to call it what it is: SketchUp Architecture but most fascista homos being what they are will invent a "vocabulary" so they can clearly describe the elegant segmental components of juxtaposed platonic shapes being used to define and delineate relationships derived using additive or subtractive spatial properties which contribute to our environment in a positive manner.

Reply to
clintonG

Dear Secret,

Not sure this is a 90s c>Do you think the aesthetic will stand the test of time, or possibly be seen

Reply to
++

You could write copy for art "events"

Reply to
++

I guess I should have been more specific in my critique. Of course curves and the barrel roof/vault has been around for a very long time, and I can certainly appreciate them. My comments are more toward the barrel being asymmetrically clocked. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just that it seemed to proliferate Ad nauseam in the 90s.

It reminds me of the over the top, supposed contemporary, 1980s Italian furniture like this:

Secretia Green

You knew that was going to be dated when you bought it, Green.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

"Secretia Green" wrote in news:PK2dnSz9zoTpZFPbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I think that *curves* and their use will remain. Arches (and their kin) can be very beautiful, and strong, but they have to make sense, or at least add a lot of interest. Simply taking a rectangle, tho', and plopping a surved roof on it isn't what I think of as "enduring design".

Reply to
Kris Krieger